1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE WEBSITE INFORMATION
We collect the following types of information:
Information you provide to us directly: We ask for certain types of personal information when you correspond with us, request a demo, request a speaker or otherwise engage with us on our Website, including your name, school name, school district, email address, and/or user name and password, and phone number. We may also collect personal information when you correspond with us via email. We use the personal information we collect to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Website and to communicate with you.
Information collected through technology: We automatically collect certain types of usage information when visitors view our website. We may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Website (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Website), and allow us to track your usage of the Website over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Website. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Website, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Website. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log files, device identifiers, and clear gifs information to: (a) to provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Website; (b) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and usage on our website and our Website; and (c) diagnose or fix technology problems. We do not use information collected through cookies for advertising purposes, nor do we allow third party advertising networks to collect information about the users of our Website.
2. HOW WE SHARE YOUR WEBSITE INFORMATION
BrightBytes only shares the personally identifiable information collected on our Website in a few limited circumstances, described below. We do not rent or sell personal information for any purpose, without exception. Who we may share information with:
– We may share information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf (e.g. accountants, mailing houses), but strictly for the purpose of carrying out their work for us.
– We may share aggregate or anonymous data (including personal data that has been stripped of personally identifying characteristics) with third parties, but will do so only in such a way that no individual may reasonably be identified.
– In the event of a change of control: If we sell, divest or transfer the business or a portion of our business, we may transfer information, provided that the new provider has agreed to data privacy standards no less stringent than our own. We may also transfer personal information – under the same conditions – in the course of mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of our business.
3. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR WEBSITE INFORMATION
Storage and processing: Your information collected through the Website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which BrightBytes or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. If you use our Website, you consent to have your data transferred to the United States or anywhere else BrightBytes maintains facilities.
Keeping information safe: BrightBytes maintains strict administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers, which are located in the United States. Access to information is limited (through user/password credentials and two factor authentication) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR WEBSITE INFORMATION
You can opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” feature at the bottom of each email. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying or deleting your personal information, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may be able to disallow cookies to be set on your browser. Please look for instructions on how to delete or disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools on your browser’s technical settings. You may not be able to delete or disable cookies on certain mobile devices and/or certain browsers. For more information on cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Remember, disabling cookies may disable many of the features available on the Website, so we recommend you leave cookies enabled.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ON OUR WEBSITE
Our Website is not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information directly from children under 13. Please contact us at info@BrightBytes.net if you believe we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13 so that we may delete such data as soon as possible.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
From time to time, we may provide links to third parties from our Website. We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites, applications or services linked to or from our Website. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of third party sites or services before providing any information to them.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT THE WEBSITE
BRIGHTBYTES, INC. SERVICES PRIVACY STATEMENT
BrightBytes provides a Service designed to assist Schools and other educational partners to improve student learning outcomes.
– In some circumstances when providing services to Schools, BrightBytes may receive personally identifiable information about students (“Student Data”). All Student Data that we have access to, if any, is owned and controlled by the Schools.
– We consider Student Data to be strictly confidential and we have physical, administrative, and technical security protections in place to safeguard such data.
– We do not use Student Data for any purpose other than to provide our services to the School as a data processor.
– We do not share any Student Data with any third parties except as authorized or required by the School.
– Our collection and use of Student Data provided by the Schools is governed by our contracts with the Schools and by the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
– Student Data is provided and controlled by the Schools. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting the personal information of a student, please contact the school directly.